Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Characteristics of a History Maker"

I hear people say time and time again, "You'll do something great for God someday." And over and over I wonder why I couldn't be doing something for God right now. I realize that even though they may be right, I am right as well. In  first Timothy 4:12 paul says not to let people despise you because of your youth. Meaning not to let people look down on you because you are young. That is one of the first characteristics of a History Maker, boldness. To many times we get scared and wonder what people are going to think of us if we stand on the word of God. It is to close to Jesus return to be worrying about what people think of me.

 The second point is this, people are going to dislike you and even hate you because you serve Jesus. Paul even mentions that a couple verses before verse 12. It may surprise you who those people that hate you are. It might be the person you thought was your best friend. It might even be your own family.

My third point is this, being stead fast. It is one thing to play church on Sundays, but what about the weekdays, where showing the love of Jesus counts the most. People need hope, they need love, they need a saviour. And it's going to take a History Maker to show them that Jesus is all of those things. So I put out my dare to you and ask you, who will be a History Maker? Stay stead fast in Gods word and talk to him daily and I promise you that God will start to do radical things in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment