Friday, April 15, 2011

How Can I Come?

For alot of us, walking just fifteen short steps is very easy. But that all changes when those steps can decide your eternal fate. I always used to think that I couldn't get saved because I was to scared to walk up to the alter. I was always afraid of what people might think about me. "They might figure out my past," I thought to myself. I used to think that Jesus can't and wouldn't forgive me of my sins, because I screwed up to many times. But then God came into the picture and flipped my train of thought, and here's how. First I realized that I don't have to go to the alters in a church to get saved. You don't meet Jesus, Jesus finds you. Romans 5:8 says that while we were yet sinners christ died for us. That tells me that christ found me, while I was yet a sinner. Secondly, I don't have to be afraid of what people might think of me. 2 Timothy 1:7 says for God has NOT given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind. My past is just my "Glory Story." Finally, Jesus forgives me of all sins. 1 John 1:9 says that he is faithful and just to forgive me of all sins. Yeah that's right, ALL sins. So my point is this, you don't have to have an air conditioned church, with spot lights, and a giant sound system for Jesus to find you right where you are. You don't need to clean your life up before you come to christ. All you have to do is come to him. It's as simple as A,B,C.

A-Admit that you have sinned and that you have failed. But we all have. Romans 3:23 tells us that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

B-Believe that Jesus died on a cross and three days later God raised him from the dead. John 3:16 says for God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. And that's all that Jesus wanted to do, was to give us life. The bible says that He is the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the father but through him. John 10:10 says that the thief comes to kill,steal,and destroy, BUT I have come to give you life more aboundantly. Jesus told us in John 10:9 that he is the door and if any man come in (through him) they shall be saved.

C-Finally alll you have to do is confess your sins to him.Romans 10:9 says that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is lord, and believe that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

That's all you have to do to come to Jesus. And if your wondering, I eventully took those fifteen short steps, and God has changed my life ever since. Trust me, accepting Jesus is the best decision you will ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment